UEFA has decided to align the implementation with the start of the new season on 25 June. This will provide enough time to ensure that all teams and players are duly informed of the changes.
The new Laws will therefore not apply to the:
• UEFA Champions League Final 2019,
• UEFA Nations League Finals 2019,
• European Qualifiers 2018-20 Matchday 3 and Matchday 4,
• European Under-21 2017-19 Final Tournament,
• UEFA Regions’ Cup 2018/19 Final Tournament.
The new Laws will apply to the:
• UEFA Champions League 2019/20 as of the Preliminary Round on 25 June,
• UEFA Europa League 2019/20 as of the Preliminary Round on 27 June,
• Under-19 and Women’s Under-19 2018/19 Final Tournaments in July,
• European Qualifiers 2018-20 as from Matchday 5 (September), and
• to all other UEFA football competitions starting after 25 June.