Saturday 22 August 2020

Dream comes true for Lisbon referee Orsato

Italian match official Daniele Orsato fulfills a lifelong ambition when he takes charge of Sunday's UEFA Champions League final.

In any walk of life, fulfilling a cherished ambition brings a feeling of enduring joy and satisfaction. It’s a feeling that Italian referee Daniele Orsato is experiencing at the moment as he prepares for the biggest assignment of his refereeing career.

The 44-year-old father of two from Recoaro Terme, a small town of some 6,000 inhabitants in Vicenza province in north-eastern Italy, will achieve a lifelong dream when he takes charge of Sunday’s eagerly awaited UEFA Champions League final between Paris Saint-German and Bayern Munich in Lisbon.

“You dream about these moments coming in your career,” Orsato reflects. “And for me, the dream of a lifetime – to referee an international final, and the UEFA Champions League final at that – has come true. The first feeling I had when UEFA Referees Committee chairman Roberto Rosetti called me to tell me I'd been chosen was one of great excitement.”

Personal reward

Sunday’s big game at the Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica is Orsato’s reward for the years of hard work and dedication that began when he decided as a teenager that refereeing would be his chosen path. “I was 18,” he recalls. “I played football, but I wasn’t the greatest of players! A friend of mine suggested that I try refereeing – and that’s when my story started.”

The adventure so far has taken the trained electrician from local football in his native area – known for its mineral spring waters and thermal spa – through the tough apprenticeship of Italy’s Serie A to the European and world stage after gaining his FIFA international badge in 2010. Orsato – a keen cyclist who enjoys playing tennis and volleyball – has taken the road with humility. “I think humility is a great characteristic for a referee to have,” he explains. “It means that you always keep the desire to work hard and improve your standards.”

Italy has produced referees of the highest calibre over the years, and Orsato says that he's been influenced by all of the officials he's watched and met. “One particular role model was Luigi Agnolin – he had great character and personality,” he says. It’s a matter of personal pride to Orsato that he'll be following in Agnolin’s distinguished footsteps on Sunday. 'Gigi', as Agnolin was known, refereed the 1988 European Champion Clubs’ Cup final between PSV Eindhoven and Benfica in Stuttgart.

Protecting football’s image

In addition to humility, Orsato feels that referees need other special qualities to be successful at their ‘trade’. “You have to have the desire to learn and study refereeing,” he says. “You must also be prepared to make sacrifices if you want to make progress – and you must never be satisfied; it’s vital to keep wanting to get better.” Protecting football’s image on the field is another duty for modern-day officials. “We enforce the laws, and we protect the players,” Orsato adds. “We feel very responsible for this inside the game.”

Italy suffered particularly as the COVID-19 pandemic spread across Europe and beyond, and Orsato was grateful during the difficult days of lockdown not only for the personal support of his wife Laura and children Gabriel and William, but also for the opportunity to maintain his fitness thanks to the special training programme drawn up by UEFA. “I read a lot and played with my children during that time,” Orsato remembers. “And I was able to use a treadmill at home. UEFA really helped us to stay fit and in shape with their programme – we were extremely fortunate to have the high-quality support of Belgian sports scientist Werner Helsen and his team, because it brought a certain sense of normality to our refereeing activities.”

The continuing effects of COVID-19 means that Sunday’s big occasion in Lisbon will be played without spectators – a situation that Orsato regrets like every other lover of football, but which he accepts phlegmatically. “It’s a difficult situation, both for players and referees, because crowds provide you with adrenalin,” he reflects. “You miss the fans’ passion, it’s clear. What it means for a referee is that you must make sure that you maintain high levels of focus and concentration at all times.”

Teamwork – and friendship

Orsato and his refereeing team are counting down the hours until Sunday’s kick-off. The team’s close bond shines through at this key moment in their careers, and Orsato joins his assistant referees, compatriots Lorenzo Manganelli and Alessandro Giallatini, in relishing the challenge. “We've a terrific relationship, we’re great friends,” Orsato says. “We study every detail together and support each other on and off the field.”

The dream that Orsato had on his refereeing path will gain in intensity when the teams and officials line up ahead of the kick-off. “I’ll have the Champions League anthem in my ears, and I’ll be looking up to the sky and thinking of a dear friend that has passed away,” he says. “And I’ll also be thinking of my family – they’ve been my strength in everything I’ve done.”

Sunday in Lisbon will be an unforgettable occasion when Daniele Orsato’s dream becomes reality. He advises any youngster who wants to referee to emulate him and follow their dream.

“Being a football referee makes you stronger temperamentally,” he says. “You learn to make decisions under pressure, and you become more responsible and strong in the face of real problems in life. I’m extremely thankful that refereeing has given me the chance to gather so much personal experience and learn so much…”

Source:
uefa.com 

9 comments:

  1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some testimonies about a love spell caster called DR PATRICK on how he has helped lots of people in bringing back their ex lovers within 48hours, Sincerely I was just thinking if that was real and if this man could really help bring back my lover whom I love so much. I decided to contact him because I love my boyfriend very much and we have been apart for a couple of months. I really missed him so much, I have tried all other means to get him back but couldn’t. I contacted DR PATRICK and he told me that my ex will come back to me in the next 48 hours, DR PATRICK released him to let me know how much I loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have shared together. My ex is now back to me again. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend are living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it was even before our break up. All thanks goes to DR PATRICK for the excessive work that he has done for me by helping me to get back with my ex boyfriend. I would like to drop DR PATRICK mail address and hope you see this testimony and contact him if you have a lover that you really want back so badly, mail: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com or you can call him or whatsapp +1662 493 2087




      I read some testimonies about a love spell caster called DR PATRICK on how he has helped lots of people in bringing back their ex lovers within 48hours, Sincerely I was just thinking if that was real and if this man could really help bring back my lover whom I love so much. I decided to contact him because I love my boyfriend very much and we have been apart for a couple of months. I really missed him so much, I have tried all other means to get him back but couldn’t. I contacted DR PATRICK and he told me that my ex will come back to me in the next 48 hours, DR PATRICK released him to let me know how much I loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have shared together. My ex is now back to me again. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend are living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it was even before our break up. All thanks goes to DR PATRICK for the excessive work that he has done for me by helping me to get back with my ex boyfriend. I would like to drop DR PATRICK mail address and hope you see this testimony and contact him if you have a lover that you really want back so badly, mail: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com or you can call him or whatsapp +1662 493 2087

      Delete
  2. I Finally Got Helped !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out.. I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Chief Dr Lucky, who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he sent me herpes virus herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. 

    Visit website : https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/
    What's App number : +2348132777335 
    Via Email : chiefdrlucky@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited my broken Marriage has been restored and my husband is back after he left me and our 2 kids for another woman. After 8 years of marriage, me and my husband have been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. I tried to be strong just for the kids but I could not control the pains that tormented my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because I was really in love with my husband. Every day and night I think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Oniha can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it, then he did a (Love spell) for me. 48 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he misses me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day, with lots of love and joy, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day, our Marriage was now stronger than how it was before, All thanks to Dr Oniha.I will continue to tell everyone about how your spell works Dr Oniha because you are a God sent to me. You can also contact him if you need help to solve your problem, he will be of help to you.
    EMAIL:ONIHASPELLTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM
    WEBSITE http://onihaspells.com
    Call/Whatsapp number: +16692213962

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read some testimonies about a love spell caster called DR PATRICK on how he has helped lots of people in bringing back their ex lovers within 48hours, Sincerely I was just thinking if that was real and if this man could really help bring back my lover whom I love so much. I decided to contact him because I love my boyfriend very much and we have been apart for a couple of months. I really missed him so much, I have tried all other means to get him back but couldn’t. I contacted DR PATRICK and he told me that my ex will come back to me in the next 48 hours, DR PATRICK released him to let me know how much I loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have shared together. My ex is now back to me again. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend are living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it was even before our break up. All thanks goes to DR PATRICK for the excessive work that he has done for me by helping me to get back with my ex boyfriend. I would like to drop DR PATRICK mail address and hope you see this testimony and contact him if you have a lover that you really want back so badly, mail: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com or you can call him or whatsapp +1662 493 2087

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting article. Many articles I come across these days really not provide anything that attracts others, but believe me the way you interact is literally awesome. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates you make and as well take the advantage to share some latest ongoing news, Fake divorce papers website on how to outshine your partner for a valid divorce papers or how to get a fake marriage certificate with legal documents. This Marriage system is widely used in the USA, UK, Australia and Canada presently by foreigners to obtain their full citizenship documents. l thought twice to bring this latest citizenship obtaining formula use by foreigners for everyone to be aware of. Thank so much for allowing me to pass this news to enlighten the public on what is going on around the world through your superb platform.
    Not over demanding, I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our 179.3k members TELEGRAM GROUP
    to share with us your ideas or any latest update on your blog.
    Thanks I am Scott from Globex, we are expecting you on our platform.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Dawn Drury I had struggle relationship with my husband in the past which led to divorce with my first husband. The memories of my husband was still in me and i realized how much i loved him and have missed him. I wept bitterly that night thinking i have lost the man that i have had so much love for. I asked for advise on what to do and a friend of mine gave me a contact of DR JOHN SOCO , i consulted him and to his very best with his powerful spells he helped me with a reunion marriage love spell to returned my ex husband back to me, in just 3 days i had encounter with a spiritual reunion prayers with DR JOHN SOCO everything turn around for good in my life, I am now happily living with my husband again and sort out the divorce issues. I testify here today that DR JOHN SOCO is powerful it can resolve all problem in a broken relationship with love once. contact him for solutions to any problems. email him at: drjohnsoco @ gmail.com You can also WhatsApp him on +1 706 871 4571 .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. VOODOO on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication i went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and i was completely cured, since then i have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr VOODOO to everyone out there with the virus Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for writing a comment on our blog!